Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 9 "And Your Bird Can Sing"

Well, originally I was going to post a song that had something to do with temperature...since our AC decided to die yesterday...But then a little bird decided to chirp really loud next to our door, so I thought I'd do a tribute to it.

Today's song:

"And Your Bird Can Sing"
by The Beatles



"You tell me that you've got everything you want
And your bird can sing
But you don't get me, you don't get me
You say you've seen seven wonders and your bird is green
But you can't see me, you can't see me
When your prized possessions start to weigh you down
Look in my direction, I'll be round, I'll be round
When your bird is broken will it bring you down
You may be awoken, I'll be round, I'll be round
You tell me that you've heard every sound there is
And your bird can swing
But you can't hear me, you can't hear me"

This is definitely one of my favorite Beatles songs...not my absolute favorite, but one of my favorites. It's from the album Revolver which is also one of my favorite albums. The reason why I love this song is just the way the song sounds...and the lyrics. They're kind of fun. As with most Beatles' songs, George's guitar parts are perfect in the sense that they're powerful enough to make a point, yet not too over powering where John's voice is less intensified.

I'm not doing this song near enough justice on here, but it's almost impossible to do any Beatles' song justice in any way. I will say that this song is proof that sure, all the #1 hits of the Beatles were great, but there's so much more on their albums that are even better in some ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment